Top 10 audio effects – October 2019
People always enquire what are my favourite Top 10 sound effects.
At this point, I scratch my head, gaze off into the distance and try and recall a favourite. Thinking often leads to long pauses in silence as more than one sound effect springs to mind.
So in the spirit of the famous British music charts – Top of the Pops. Here are my top ten sound effects in no particular order.
My top 10 favourite sound effects
- Coastal storm with wind sea and swirling leaves
- The sound of a smashing light bulb
- Victorian musical watch sound effect
- Popcorn popping
- Stormy day
- Urban street noise
- Suspense feedback
- Alien whoosh swirl
- future-incoming call
In summary, I really enjoyed creating all these sounds. I particularly enjoyed smashing the light bulbs, who wouldn’t. The popping glass sound will make a great sound effect for future projects.
Top 10 most loved sounds
If you require some further reading. Here’s a study of the best-loved sounds Brits love. Sea, Rain and snow among the nation’s favourites.
- Waves against rocks
- Rain against the windows
- Treading on snow
- Baby laughing
- Birds chirping
- Crackling open fire
- People laughing
- Leaves crunching beneath your feet
- Cat purring
- Church bells in the distance
This was a fun post to create, so I may do another post soon as more sounds are created and added to the website.
If you have any great sound suggestions please leave a comment.
If you need tips on producing a low-cost video, then navigate Low budget movie creation or suggestions for creating a great marketing video. Are you making a social media campaign, then we have sound effects at Sounds for apps and social media.
- Magic wand spell sound effects creation
- Spooky horror sound effects
- Food and kitchen sound effects
- #1: My top 10 sound effects to transform your next video project
- Awesome Stock sound effects bundle?
- Free stock sound effects