How to find sound effects for your movie projects
When you watch mainstream movies they don’t just look good they sound good too. Many of those stock sound effects need to be recorded, created and modified to suit the look and feel of the motion picture.
This article will focus on
• A bit about the history of sound and the foley artist
• What stock sound effects can lift my video project
• Where to find awesome sound FX for your project
History of Foley
Foley artists have been creating sound for radio, broadcast and cinema since the 1920s. Audio recorded onset wasn’t sufficient so the name Foley was born. It was the job of the Foley artist to create sound effects to enhance the final production.
Lift your next movie project
Foley or sound effects can be added to a film to bring an animated character alive. Steven Speilberg’s – Jaws would have never had the blockbuster impact if all you could hear was the sound of people pulling strings.
The sound of a crackling fire, the toasting of marshmallows and the tooting of an owl can add to the suspense of a group of travellers telling ghost stories around a woodland campfire.
Where to find awesome stock sound effects
If you need awesome FX, audio samples for your next project, look no further than Audioslug
Every month we will be uploading new Awesome sound effects from Audioslug and samples for you to download and use in your video projects.
If you need tips on producing a low-cost video, then navigate Low budget movie creation or suggestions for creating a great marketing video. Are you making a social media campaign, then we have sound effects at Sounds for apps and social media.
- Chinese New Year sound effects
- Magic wand spell sound effects creation
- Spooky horror sound effects
- Food and kitchen sound effects
- #1: My top 10 sound effects to transform your next video project
- Awesome Stock sound effects bundle?